Next: Modeling Electrical Power Systems
- Libraries of application-specific models, including models of common AC and DC electric drives, flexible AC transmission systems (FACTS), and renewable energy systems
- Discretization and phasor simulation modes for faster model execution
- Ideal switching algorithm for accelerated simulation of power electronic devices
- Analysis methods for obtaining state-space representations of circuits and computing load flow for machines
- Basic models for developing key electrical technologies
- Ability to extend component libraries using the Simscape language
- Support for C-code generation
SimPowerSystems model (left) of an asynchronous motor and diesel-generator uninterruptible power supply (UPS). The Simulink scope (right) shows stator currents and speed of the asynchronous machine.
SimPowerSystems supports the development of complex, self-contained power systems, such as those in automobiles, aircraft, manufacturing plants, and power utility applications. The models you create support your entire development process, including hardware-in-the-loop simulations.