Current vehicle diagnostics are required to be UDS-compliant. Embed has an off-the-shelf diagnostics stack fully supported with a Simulink blockset that can be integrated into the software architecture to reduce the development effort. The blockset produces production-quality code that is fully portable and MISRA-compliant.
The Embed UDS blockset currently supports the following services:
- 0x10 - Diagnostic Session Control - Enable different diagnostics sessions
- 0x11 - ECU Reset - Reset the ECU, typically used after changing ECU data
- 0x27 - Security Access - Restrict access to data and services
- 0x3E - Tester Present - Keep diagnostic sessions alive while no activity is occurring
- 0x22 - Read Data By Identifier - Request data from the ECU
- 0x2E - Write Data By Identifier - Write data to the ECU
- 0x31 - Routine Control - Run functions within the ECU (e.g., execute tests, reset odometer)
- 0x34 - Request Download - Reprogram the ECU (implemented within Embed Bootloader)
- 0x36 - Transfer Data - Manage reprogramming (implemented within Embed Bootloader)
- 0x37 - Request Transfer Exit - Exit reprogramming (implemented within Embed Bootloader)
- 0x14 - Clear Diagnostic Information - Clear diagnostic trouble codes within the ECU
- 0x19 - Read DTC Information - Read diagnostic trouble codes from an ECU
- 0x2F - Input Output Control By Identifier - Force ECU inputs/outputs and return control to ECU
The services that the Embed UDS Blockset supports are continually increasing, and specific needs should be raised with Embed.
The blockset is fully supported in Simulink and creates production-quality code. Presentations and additional details can be found in the case studies section of the Embed web site.